Why I chose to become a Homeopath?
Lot of people ask me why I chose Homeopathy as a profession, it’s not that common? The reason goes back to my childhood: My mother had an infection which affected her spinal cord and was paralyzed for a few years before she passed away when I was an 8 year old. I had seen a lot of doctors trying to treat her but unfortunately no one could really do much and her disease just kept progressing. Since then I was always drawn towards medicine and healing. When I had to make a career choice my father suggested I try Homeopathy as it was known to be an effective healing art. Perhaps if my mom had access to a good Homeopath back then in the beginning of her illness, she would have still been around?? I can speculate as much as I want but the fact is that it’s not uncommon for Classical Homeopaths to come across such cases which are considered ‘difficult’ or ‘devastating’ by the conventional medical community, where after being treated with Homeopathy they have gone on to have good health for a long time! This gave me more faith in the system which was discovered by Dr Samuel Hahnemann more than 200 years ago; I persisted and am still around practicing it.
Education & additional qualifications
I have formally been trained in, and have been using Classical Homeopathy in treating conditions such as pediatric issues, asthma, allergies, depression, anxiety, skin problems, colitis, joint pains, thyroid disorders, menstrual issues etc. Call +14086348139 for a free 15 minute consultation to discuss if Homeopathy is right for you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS; 5 and half year degree) from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India
- Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH) from the Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC), Washington.
- Diploma in Classical Homeopathy (2 year degree), International Academy of Classical Homeopathy (IACH), Greece.
- Diploma in Preventive and Promotive Health Care (DPPHC), Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
- NASM & NESTA trained.
- Personally trained with veteran homeopaths: Dr. Bill Gray, Dr. Parinaz Humranwala & Dr. BD Patel.
- Trained in the methodology of world famous homeopaths George Vithoulkas, Greece and Dr. Massimo Mangialavori, Italy.
- Trained with prominent pediatrician, Dr Y K Amdekar, Ex-president of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Fluent in English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada; Basic conversational Spanish.
I completed my Bachelors degree in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery from the Government Homeopathic Medical College (Bangalore, India) where I had the opportunity to work in multiple hospitals in the city as well as rural areas. I got to learn “Classical Homeopathy” right from my student years under noted doctors in India, Dr. B.D. Patel (Bangalore) and Dr. Parinaz Humranwala (Mumbai).
I gained experience in Paediatrics working with Dr. Yeshwant K Amdekar (Mumbai). I managed my own homeopathic practice in Bangalore until early 2009 when I moved to the USA where I continued training in Classical Homeopathy with another popular homeopath, Dr Bill Gray. In addition to my main degree, I am also Certified in Homeopathy by the Council for Homeopathic Certification, WA. I also have a diploma in Classical Homeopathy from the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy (George Vithoulkas’s institute), Alonissos, Greece.